Friday, October 09, 2009

Surrogates

Today has been an emotionally draining day. From the moment my eyes popped open there has been an million and one different feeling running uncontrollable through my being. Here's my thought after having a half a day to try to understand it all...each of us have a level of tolerance. When it comes to pain some people have a higher tolerance than others. When it comes to pressure some people have a higher tolerance than others (you get the picture?) Emotional overload is what happens when life throws you that curve that is that ultimate strikes you out or that blow that knocks you out.

I'm there! At the place that I have to scream "uncle!" The emotional pain has played itself out physically.

Now here the kicker...there's this movie call the "Surrogates," its a movie about the future of the world. A time when each person would have a surrogate host that a person could live through while never having to leave the comfort and safety of there home. Amazing thought when you think about it. You can look how ever you wish, small, skinny, dark, light, black, white. You could have several surrogates host bodies and change at will.

As the movie plot took shape I realized that luxury came a great cost. One, the surrogate host felt nothing. Two, the host could pretend to be whatever...you could change your color, size or gender. Three, the "host" people never saw sunlight and there skin began to look horrible. I won't ruin the end of the movie but I couldn't help but think that the movie was a prolific and profound picture of what's happening to our culture. We've become a uncaring and unfeeling generation. Walking around with these perfect faces, perfect lives and perfect families. While the painful reality was hidden behind our surrogate. We walk around pretending that in life some rain doesn't fall.

Notice the people who are hurting, broken and crying. Let's be honest about our feeling and emotions. Stop! Stop! Stop!

My mind is fried, so I hope this made some level of sense. If not please forgive me.

No comments: