Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Crash

"Angel Eyes" is one of the best movies I've ever watched, a few days ago I caught it running on one of those overpriced movie channels I pay for. Its a story of a man who walked away from a car wreck alive leaving his wife and son dead. He starts his life over by closing the door to his past and starting over. Literally, never returning to the house, job, friends and even changes his name. After many years his path cross AGAIN with a rough and crude female cop (played by Jennifer Lopez) who has worst baggage than he does...anger issues bouts of depression, not to mention sticking her nose where it doesn't belong and that's the tip of the iceberg. They began to hang-out, his past becomes a very intriguing thing for her. Thus she uncovers his horrific and horrible past and began to push him to deal with it. Then there was the crash...there are to crashes in this movie the first one was the one that took the lives of his family. The second was when she tries to push him to face his past.

Yesterday, I had one of the best days I have experience in recent days. It was as if things where coming together. The morning began with work but it was a pleasant task, lunch was pleasant as well (sandwich with no mayo), had to over look a few issues but no complains. Spent several productive hours at the office and then Young Zachary made a surprised visit. Janice and I had a enjoyable dinner catching up with our young college student. Later relaxed in front of a movie (so you know it doesn't get any better for me). I dose off then my eyes popped open and the crash began. Ever been on one of those rides at the state fair or six flags that slowly builds up then change direction with warp speed. That's it, exactly how I felt.

Highs are high and lows are low. I learned something several years ago in my ministry. There are some times after I've ministered the Word of God that I'm wide open and it is then that I'm as vulnerable to the attack of the enemy. So when I feel that I avoid shaking hand and putting myself in that situation. Its sort of like having a weak immune system and subjecting yourself to the daily germs people have. I'm beginning to feel the same way...dealing with the emotional hurt of bereavement. You have to protect yourself from the environment and the people you engage because they can either help or hurt. Not intentional but unintentional. We are unaware of how easily we can be used by the enemy to further afflict hurt in the very lives we desire to heal.

I saw a report about a young kid who was. Suffering with H1N1 and the news reporter along with his mom and dad visited him but what caught my eye was they wore hospital robes and mask. The reporter reported that they wore them in order to not infect the young child. I believe we should have hospital sense when dealing with hurting people so we don't hurt them any more.

Think I'm going to the movies...

No comments: