Sunday, October 11, 2009

Chilly Winds


Today is Sunday...Sundays are the hardest and the toughest day for me because that was pretty much family day for the Gaddis family. All of our family dinner was at Daddy' house and he cooked on sunday. Daddy was so faithful to church never missed small group bible study and worship. Its been emotionally challenging to stand in Greater Bethel and not have my daddy there. I baptized him there. I taught him on sunday and wednesday there. We study together there in men's bible study there. There were many times when I saw that proud look on his face that made me so happy. There were times when I saw that look of utter shock and embarrassment when I said something I should not have said. There were time when he would just laugh and shake his head because he knew I was half way crazy. What sadden me the most is that his last days where filled with worry for me...I can hardly even type these word because my heart is so heavy. He would often come by and say "Son, I'm praying for you...its going to be okay. God is going to see us through!" See he wasn't only my Daddy he was my greatest supporter. It was in that church that my Daddy spoke his final words to me (I didn't know it but I think he may have had a hunch) he said "Son, I love you!"

Today, I will stand without my Daddy sitting in front of me pulling for me, praying for me, saying amen in support of the Word but those memories will forever live in my heart. Thank you Daddy and I love you too!

Chilly winds are driving me away. I'll go find the sun again someday. I'm going where I'll never have the blues. Chilly winds are driving me away.

No comments: