Monday, March 24, 2008

Revival Time

“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV)

This was the scripture that the Lord placed in my heart Easter Sunday morning as we reached the end of our 28 day voluntary fast. I shared this with those who had joined the First Lady and I in the fast about what God was going to do in the life of our church and their lives as well as a result of their obedience. This evening as I was visiting a church service the Lord kept repeating this to me. As I made the drive home I asked the Lord what, was He trying to get me to see. And just as clear as He has ever impressed anything in my heart this is what He said tell the people that this week I’m going to do something special.

So I’m asking each of you to come and watch God do something special. I have no idea what God is going to do but I’m coming expecting Him to come through on His Word. In preparation I’m asking you to pray at 4pm for 4 minutes and for 4 things (@4 for 4 for 4).

1. Pray for God’s Power (Holy Spirit)
2. Pray for God’s Preacher (Pastor Bryan L. Carter)
3. Pray for God’s People (Everyone attending)
4. Pray for God’s Promise (The special thing He’s going to do in us, for us and through us)

We will be very intentional these three evenings so come prepared. 1st we will start on time 7pm. 2nd we will spend time entering God’s presence in worship. 3rd we will give the preaching and teaching its rightful place as the highlight of the evening. 4th we will give with expectation of a harvest.

No comments: