Sunday, March 16, 2008

Congratulations

Congratulations to my pastor and first lady Drs. John & Patricia Reed as they celebrate their 45th year at the Fairview Missionary Baptist Church. God's Word says "'I know the plan I have for you..." I'm a recepent of that scripture. I was blessed to grow up as a member of this church watching one of the most caring and loving couples serve faithfully. How that translate into my life is I had a living example of how God want us to do this. I thank God for this couple.

WE'VE MADED TO THE FOURTH QUARTER. If this was a football game, we would hold up four fingers to represent that we must presever one last quarter. What an empowering thought, we've made it 21 days (awesome.) Hang in there!

More times than not on sunday morning I struggle from an uneasiness about the message that I've crafted. Not expositonaly but whether it is relevant. I fought the feeling all weekend and made my way to the pulpit not knowing what God was going to do. As always God does what He does. What an amazing atmosphere and the souls that were saved. Simply doesn't get any better.

Last thought: Senator Obama's Pastor Dr. Jeremiah Wright is under undue pressure for supporting his member and sharing is world views. Senator Clinton's fund raising committee member Aferraro says Obama is 'lucky' because he is a black man. I can hear defeat in that comment the 'ONLY' reason he's winning is because he is 'black'. We must always fight hard, run faster & win by more. There will always be those who will never except us as equals.

No comments: