Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Please Be In Prayer

Today first order of business is my mother is having surgery. Please be in prayer for her. I'm writing this sitting in that dreaded waiting room. Often times in life God has to place us all in our own waiting room. We are commanded to always pray and then wait. As I walked out of the holding area I was assured that God could go where I couldn't. It is during some of the toughest time that my heart thanks God. 1st because I know Him. I often wonder how those who don't make it through life when they're facing challenging days. 2nd because He is fully with her in the surgery room and fully with me in the waiting room ministering to both of us at the same time.

Later today we will kick off our third revival meeting part of a city-wide movement called the simultaneous revival. Which has national acclaim as being one of a kind. What makes this so special is the partnership and the cooperation of the church city-wide (each church has their own service @7 then there are joint services @ noon & 10pm) and the national preacher who minister. I've been blessed to have grown up in this revival meeting and have been blessed by many preaching legends and some of the great preaching mind in the business.

I'm proud to have my friend Rev. Bryan L. Carter Senior Pastor of the Concord Church of Dallas Texas coming to minister to us. Pastor Carter succeeded one of those legendary preachers Dr. E. K. Bailey. Who introduced me to expository preaching and who was Dr. Major L. Jimerson's pastor of St. John Church. Pastor Carter is a major preacher and teacher. He has blessed our church for the past two years and God has promised to do it again this year.

No comments: