Thursday, August 06, 2009

It's Like Riding A Bike...lol

Well, I’m back in the game…lol! The brand new sermon series “I Got The Hook-Up,” is in full swing, We kick-off with a packed house and we had a great time in the Lord as He shared His heart. I must admit that the last several months have been tough for our church. I also must acknowledge that the God in whom I believe and the one of the Bible uses tough time to develop spiritually tough people. I have been an eye witness of what God has been doing in the life our church and He is please with how we have maintained and held together. Did we do everything right absolutely not but God in his gracious love and compassion has allowed us to make some mistake but in the in “…His grace has been sufficient!”

This brand new series that we launched last weekend “I Got The Hook-Up” will be one, that when we look back at the history of our transition we will be able to point back at this as something God used to help us make that step to the next level. “God has your back,” was an encouraging word for all who have ever felt like their backs where against the wall. Jehovah Nissi = “The God how defends!” I’ve been in ministry for 26 years now and I’ve not see the depth of hurt, heartache and hardship that people are feeling. “I Got the Hook-up” is just what they need, people need to know that they are not in this by themselves and how to move beyond their hurts and find healing that result in true happiness.

This week we are in our association – I’m privileged to serve as Pastor’s Conference President and shared my third annual message. The night was attended well and the Greater Bethel Church was in the house. Growing up in a district and now being apart of the leadership of the at same district is still alittle strange but I view it as a blessing from God. My good friend Pastor J. L. Mitchell of the Tabitha Baptist Church serves as our Moderator and will be sharing his annual address this evening.

What an amazing week…I have several projects going on and just trying to keep my head on straight. The time off was good but getting back to grid is much more to my liking.

No comments: