Wednesday, August 19, 2009

His Grace Is Sufficient

Ever had those moments in your life when you know you’ve over done it? While dinning out at your favorite restaurant the waiter tempts you with that desert [you know you don't need] and you give in reluctantly and then realize after you ate it that you had over done it? Or you’re an “old school” athletic going back to the gym to work out and get back into shape but after the first workout you realize that you’re not as young as you use to be and you’ve just over done it? Or you got caught in that Wal-Mart trap where you’ve gone in with a list and come out with stuff you had no idea why you bought it and when you get home you realize that you’ve over done it? Well, that’s how I’ve felt over the last few months…with Association meeting, State Convention election, Conferences, Church issues, personal and ministerial Itinerary.

Sunday was the hardest day I’ve had in over 25 years of ministry. Let me go future by saying since my birthday it simply went down hill from there. I could blame a lot of things but I’m simply going to say that God is Able!!! Out of all the craziness that I’ve experience over the last few months and weeks – I realized Sunday that God had allowed me through his mercy and grace to be able to handle, juggle and multitask almost on autopilot.

Sunday, I woke up troubled in my spirit one because I knew that with all that I struggle through the last few days I hadn’t put the work in. Two what I had done I wasn’t feeling lead to even go to the pulpit with. So after spending several hours up praying and studying 4am til 10am God had mercy on His preacher. Sunday I preached here at the Greater Bethel Church the 3rd installment of “I Got The Hook-Up” Jehovah Shalom = the God who will always give peace [Yes, it was a Holy Ghost set-up]. It was crazy, ridiculous worship and summers over and everybody decided to come to church on the same Sunday [imagine that]. Then we traveled down to Ada, Oklahoma to Reaper Baptist Church’s 50th Homecoming Celebration, with their new elected pastor Clifton Broadus, Sr. There are several families in the church and one of them happens to be my family. I have a cousin named Christine and several aunts who attend and with it being so close to the town our family is from several of them drove over. So I preached my second sermon of the day and had a mini-family reunion. On the way back I realize that I had made it through a day that when it started I didn’t think I would and I paused to say Thank You Jesus. “But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)

No comments: