Monday, June 08, 2009

Day 7 "There Is Purpose in The Pain"

Today Scripture Read: "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, [2] through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. [3] Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; [4] perseverance, character; and character, hope. [5] And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5: 1-5 (NIV)
I hate waiting! I’m impatience! Anyone who knows me knows that about me. I don’t like to fly but my dislike for long drives pushes me to have to fly. When I fly I get to the airport as close to departure time without missing my flight. I want the plane to board when it’s supposed to board. I want it to take-off when it is suppose to take-off and land when it is suppose to land. I detest, abhor and despise delays or long lay over’s. I hate waiting cause I’m impatience. Well, guess what God has had to teach me that I’m not in control of what He does and when He does it. You know what the hardest pill to swallow has been? God doesn’t care about my plans. I mean I had the entire plan for the entrance celebration, dates, times, guest speakers, advertisement, launching new service times and everything. Now, you know when the project halted that messed me up. Here I am trying my best to hold things together and the more I tried the more things began to move out of my control. I don’t remember a more difficult time in my life. I had members, preachers, friends, trusted individual in my life and pastors who I thought was my friends, take liberties while a brother was down. Again, I can remember a more difficult season.

Let me just testify….I’ve grown up…A LOT [kicking and screaming – I might adds but nevertheless I’ve grown! Here’s one thing I’ve learned God’s will is no escape for the trials, troubles and tribulations of life. John says “In this world you will have trouble…” but they work for me not against me! I’m learning to rejoice…knowing that suffering produces perseverance [patience], perseverance, character and character, hope. The rejoicing is in the fact that while God is doing His work – He is pouring out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit.

Pastor, ministry worker, lay person, member, husband, wife, mother, father, son, daughter, employer and employee know this that God Has A BIGGER Plan!

No comments: