Friday, June 12, 2009

Day 12: "IT'S ALREADY DONE"

Today’s Scripture Reading: “When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. [6] "Lord," he said, "my servant lies at home paralyzed and in terrible suffering." [7] Jesus said to him, "I will go and heal him." [8] The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. [9] For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."

[10] When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, "I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. [11] I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. [12] But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

[13] Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go! It will be done just as you believed it would." And his servant was healed at that very hour.”
Matthew 8:5-13 (NIV)

What an amazing confession of faith! This miracle was wrought about because of the faith of this centurion. Scripture bears out that if you want to “please God” you have to have faith. How this centurion faith and belief system came about we’re not sure but one thing is certain the fellow had it. Catch the story…the centurion seek Jesus out, then asked Jesus to heal his servant and Jesus answers in verse 7 “I’ll go and heal him.” What’s some amazing is some where between his request and Jesus’ response, the centurion changes his mind verse 8 “Lord, I don’t deserve you to even come under my roof” – here’s what blew Jesus away “But just say the word and my servant will be healed.” He possessed enough faith to confess that Jesus didn’t have to be present, didn’t have to touch the servant but just say the word. In order to have God-pleasing faith we must believe that Jesus has the power just to speak a word and situation, circumstance and things will change.

Jesus does three things number 1, Jesus commends the centurion faith in verse 10 “I have not found anyone in Israel with such GREAT FAITH” and number 2, Jesus co-signs the centurion faith in verse 13 “Go! And it will be done just as you believed it would…” the NJB translation says “Go, back, then, let this be done for you, as your faith demands!” Number 3, Jesus confirms the centurion faith as he made it back to the house the centurion begins to investigate as to the condition of his servant and discovers that he was healed the very same hour that he was talking with Jesus. Hallelujah!! The centurion after speaking with Jesus just began to walk in what Jesus had said and found it just as He said. [I better leave that alone!] We don't know how far this centurion was away from his house but Jesus spoke the word and in faith he walked in it.. No matter what you maybe facing today, no matter the odds, obstacles, obligation or opposition have faith in the word and just “walk it out!” IT’S "ALL" READY DONE – THE QUESTION IS DO YOU BELIEVE?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

COMMENDS, CO-SIGNS, CONFIRMS!
LOL!! That sounds like just like Christ. He is able, He has proven himself, his closeness his care... What an amazing lesson to learn, made me stop and read it again! Bless you!
NightShiftNurse