Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 19: Don’t Let The Haters Hold You Down!

Today’s Scripture Reading: “As Jesus approached Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging. [36] When he heard the crowd going by, he asked what was happening. [37] They told him, "Jesus of Nazareth is passing by." [38] He called out, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" [39] Those who led the way rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!" [40] Jesus stopped and ordered the man to be brought to him. When he came near, Jesus asked him, [41] "What do you want me to do for you?" "Lord, I want to see," he replied. [42] Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has healed you." [43] Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus, praising God. When all the people saw it, they also praised God.” Luke 18:35-43 (NIV)

I am a firm believer in prayer and as a Pastor of a local congregation I lead them in prayer journey 3 to 4 times a year. We are seeking to become a prayer-driven church. Prayer has to be the center of everything we do. This particular story simply shows us the power of prayer.

1. Condition of the blind man [vs. 35-38]
2. Condemnation of the religious [39a]
3. Conviction of the blind man [39b]
4. Correction of Jesus [40]
5. Confidence of the blind man [41]
6. Commendation of the blind man [42]
7. Celebration of the crowd [43]

I hope this blessing you as much as it is blessing me. God is stretching my mind, vision and belief system way beyond my wildest expectation. God is going to do something special. I can’t wait to see.

No comments: