Saturday, September 15, 2007

You Are My Ministry


I’m hanging out for the day in Dallas, TX serving and ministering to the love of my life Janice. It is an honor to just get away and just minister to her. As pastor sometimes [more than I am willing to admit right now] my priorities get crossed and I’m not the best husband in the world. Now I’ve come a long way with that because as a young inexperience preacher I thought that my calling was my top priority but I know now that no matter what call God has place on my life, no matter where He leads me, my first call is to be a husband and father. I guess with all that is going on in the religious world today with the well publicized ministry leader’s martial issues, it has further deepened my resolved to take time and devote time to my first ministry.

I was reading one of my good friends blog and I want to echo his sentiments about his church because he express the thoughts I have about Bethel it’s strange but yet it’s not because I think that it speaks of most churches in American that has made a commitment to become a healthy church. Here what HB Charles pastor of Mt. Sinai Missionary Baptist Church says “I believe we are going in the right direction. But I know that we have a long way to go. And sometimes it seems like the progress of the church is two steps forward, three steps back. But be clear, none of these things change my mind and heart against the church. I believe in Jesus. Therefore, I believe in the church. I agree with the late Vance Havner, who used to say that you can't drown with your head above the water. And maybe that's the key. Maybe we need to be more inentional, strategic, diligent, passionate and focused on the supremacy of Jesus Christ. We should win people to Christ, not the church. And if I read my Bible right, a true devotion to Christ will result in participating membership in the church.”

I really don’t know what God has in store for Bethel but I sense it something huge. There is something on the horizon and I can’t wait to see what God is up to.

1 comment:

Demlocs said...

Hello

This is Warren Brown - I use to be a member there some 6 or 7 years ago. Currently, I live in the Northern VA area. I stumbled across this blog and recognized the name and just had to peek in. I wish you and the Greater Bethel Family the best. I knew Gerald Fisher and Tonya... I'm sorry to hear about his early passing.

Wishing you much sincere success in your ministry, God is Good!

Warren