Friday, September 07, 2007

Away But Still Running

As I stated in my last blog I'm in Philadelphia PA, I had thought that I would get some much needed rest but that hasn't happen just yet. With everything going on I have been greatly encourage by the meetings, the messages and the fellowship.

An added treat has been that my evening hours between services and meetings have been spent watching The Word Network (if you don't know what that is its preaching 24/7). And any who knows me knows that turns me on. I guest I just let the cat out of the bag...I'm staying up all night watching and dreaming. While there are many ministry that are questionable in doctrine and theology it is still exciting to see what ministries are doing. Many I'm familiar with through convention work or conferences. I feel a sense of being on the edge of doing some awesome thing in the Kingdom of God. Can't wait to see what God is going to do with the ministry that I'm blessed to be a servant to.

Some very interesting fact about Philly: sadly, sinfully and shamefully the state leads the nation in homicides 297 with a great number of them accruing among African American community. At the same time proudly and positively the Philly police academy graduated 127 caudate. Highlighted by a young brother who graduated and was interviewed and asked why he wanted to become a policeman. He said his father was killed and while going up he was shot nine times and if he could stop that from happening to one other kid it would be worth it.

Miss my wife (not away from her much, so I can't get home too soon). Plus it doesn't hurt that the sugarbabies are with her. Seriously walking around the convention center and seeing guys with their wives I makes me long for the day when it will be Janice and me.

Peace out!

No comments: