Friday, September 07, 2007

On My Home To See My Baby

It is always exciting to be looking to travel to a conference or convention but as Dorothy said in the Wiz 'there is no place like home!' Growing up we always went on one vacation (the GMWA) and I have always loved traveling. I pledged at age 10 that when I grew up I was going to get a job and travel. Stay in fancy hotel and enjoy a life of lesser. Well none of the thing have yet come true but I do travel. That was one of the things that I really enjoyed while working in corporate American. Now at 43 with so much travel behind me after about two day away I ready to get back home. Janice and I thought that after she closed the business down that she would be able to travel together but that hasn't happen just yet. I normally travel with her on her conferences (Ain't that something).

One other thing...does this make any sense? I was scheduled to leave Philly Thursday but due to a new assignment and the president's address I rescheduled my flight to Friday. That's pretty clear isn't it? I don't sleep due to a number of reason bad arrive at the airport early (for me). Here's the twist the only have me book half way home, after paying a travel change charge. Then tell me it will cost me 600.00 to get home. Crazy huh. Now let me rush to say I did not have to act unlike the Pastor because the young lady that was serving me was not having it. She was more upset than I was and after watching her I quickly relaxed. Favor just ain't fair!! After talking crazy to two different supervisors I had my boarding passes for my entire trip.

Well I on the plane waiting for take-off. My goal is to sleep between Philly and DFW. I really tried running on about 6 hours of sleep in 3 days. May have to get something to help me sleep.

Father, thank you for a wonderful day. Amen!

No comments: