Friday, June 29, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

It is raining like crazy! I’m not sure but it should be going on week two of rain. My yard may never dry out, we have our own little river. Water has been running from the back yard down the driveway all week long [Thank God He’s paying the bill for this time.] This weather is taking its toll on my body my knees and my back have been aching. I use to think that the older people was just making that stuff up but the older I get the more aches and pain I feel.

Since the convention it’s been non-stop. Got back in on Thursday taught ‘Girlfriends’ our church’s Women’s Ministry on Saturday, Sunday morning continued teaching our small groups in a joint Bible Study [please be in prayer for that transition] then preached twice Sunday. Normally, I try to save some when I know I have to do an afternoon service but between Bible Study and that first message I almost didn’t make it. But the St. John Church of Brooksville, OK has always been kind to me. I’ve been preaching there a long time and the strange thing is I always look forward to going. Most time if I’m invited more than two or three time it becomes like a chore. This year was Pastor Lee Oliver and First Lady Katharine Oliver’s 30th Anniversary. We took off Wednesday and Thursday we traveled to Chandler, OK about an hour in the other direction to the Central Baptist Church for the 30th Anniversary of Pastor James Reed and First Lady Linda Reed an outstanding couple as well. Pastor James Reed is my big brother in the ministry he has known me for most of my life. I’m honored each year to stand in his pulpit. I pray that God would bless Janice and I to serve long.

I thank God for the church. They will never know how it makes me feel when I walk in a church and make my way to the pulpit and see the faces of faithful followers. It means the world to me. It’s encouraging, strengthen and inspiring. We’re growing! I see that, God has done some refocusing of my eyes I’m not look numerically as much as spiritually now! I really believe that God promised me numbers but now he’s counting on me to equip them. I’m committed to do my part in the development of people who desire to grow. For along time I was preaching and waiting, preaching and waiting but now I see some movement. People are beginning to see God’s vision and we’re going to become a healthy body of believers.

Bethel CommUnity is making some huge step to becoming reality. I was sharing with someone that you can be praying for something and when God does it [when it’s a God thing]. It forces you to have to pray even harder. We’ve been praying for God to move the project, now that all the professionals we’ve hired are on the job, now we need money. Bills are coming in seemly everyday. Now our prayer is Lord provide rather than Lord push. This is an exciting time and I’m looking forward to unveiling everything to the church. It’s going to be awesome!

No comments: