Saturday, June 09, 2007

Busy Time and It’s Just Getting Started

We just finished our first week of BethelKIDZ Summer Camp. Praise God from whom all blessing flow. This is our first year to do five days a week for 9 weeks [1 down and 8 to go.] We had a great group of volunteers and the staff handled things wonderfully. Glenda is a God-sent. She’s retired and could be sitting at home but she has been a jewel in as our campus coordinator. The children are very excited and are soaking up things really, really fast.

Attended the State Congress of Christian Education Monday – Wednesday, was encouraged by the meeting. The Pastoral class was very different than normal; it was open dialog, which allowed for a more helpful discussion. In the past we’ve only sat and listen to one point of view and all types of ministry style were simply not touched. Not sure who to give the credit to but well done congress staff.

Didn’t stay for the entire week for several reason but one was getting back to work on a few project that still need personal attention. After driving back I decided not to preach Wednesday evening which is my custom on the first Wednesday after the first Sunday then celebrate Holy Communion. I’m going to blame Janice for pushing me into preaching by saying that people were going to drive our over $3.25 gas and they needed to hear the Word. Well, anybody who knows me understands that I didn’t need much persuading. The Lord blessed His Word and sustained my tired body and birthed a series of sermon from Ephesians 4.

Tonight I was given the privilege to speak at a community forum. It was exciting and encouraging to see so many of our elected official, pastor and other civil organization present. I love my community and am willing to help where ever I’m needed. Some how I’ve been secretly appoint to lead this [not really secretly they just didn’t ask me I was just told that I would give the closing statement and the next day I’m the Chair], I know my Pastor had something to do with that. Only thing that is troubling is that God hasn’t really been clear on what He has plan with this community piece. So pray for me that I might know God will for this.

In a few hours Janice and I will have to both teach, she will teach Girlfriends while share with the Antioch Full Gospel Church and minister in a men’s luncheon. Janice is developing into a great teacher and will do a wonderful job of teaching. I’m really not sure what I’ll minister in the morning but I’m trusting God to lead and guide me.

Continue to pray for my health, haven’t felt this good in several months. My breathing has caused me to not be able to work out like I need to but I’ve been back for the last three weeks. Pray for my patience I’m struggling not to stress about how the Building funds, plans and other last minute things are dragging. I know God is in control and I know I’m probably the biggest hold up because He’s trying to teach me a lesson.

Last bit of new we’ve just finalized Beverly Crawford my all time favorite singing to come and minister during our 15th Anniversary Celebration. Now that’s doing church beyond the box! I’m most looking forward to the new idea that the committee came up with for a First Lady Luncheon. That makes me Happy! Nobody knows how much she put and pushes for the ministry. I don’t know personally another First Lady who is sold out for ministry like Janice. I often tell her I’m glad she’s on my team. She’s my girl.

No comments: