Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sure Isn't Like Riding A Bike

It's Monday and rather than resting and taking a day off. I'm at summer camp teaching. You never stop growing or learning. I've become accustom to teaching adults but teaching children sure isn't like riding a bike. See, I use too be the children pastor many, many moons ago at the Fairview Church. But after nearly 20 years I've certainly changed and the children today certainly have. I studied and prepared to share a study on "Trust In God," in chapel that would go along with our Bible course that is taught on Thursdays. Afterwards, I really didn't feel that I did a very good job but I'm trusting that God will continue to work. I think my problem was the level of my lesson more than anything else. We have really bright group of children this year that God has bless us to have an awesome opportunity and we really want to be a good steward over the young lives that he's placed in our hands this summer.
Join me in prayer for what God wants to do in and through this summer camp experience for the children. Prayer for our staff as well as our volunteers that they're service will be as unto the Lord. Two very important things: first in every child in that camp regardless of the home they come from need someone to speak and impart godly encouragement. Second love makes all the difference in the world, we get a chance to love them with the love of God.
Now Faith, Hope and Love and the greatest of these is LOVE! Please join me in prayer.

No comments: