Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Welcome to Day 1 of Reclaiming Our Edge


Welcome to Day 1 of 21 Days of Fasting. This is going to be an incredible journey and in order to deepen your walk I will just share some highlight from my journaling. As I read John chapter 1 there is was one thing that just jumped out at me and that was what John the Baptist declared about Jesus twice in verse 29 and again in verse 36 John declares “Behold, the Lamb of God!” I then knew that God was saying something to me and then it hit me as I rehearsed the words of the chapter again. God is revealing Himself through His son but unlike I had ever noticed before. Verse 18 says “No one has ever seen god; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he had made him known.”

Jesus is called the:

  • · The Living Word in verses 1-5
  • · The Light of the Would in verses 6-8
  • · The Light of men in verses 9-13
  • · The Word made flesh in verses 14-18
  • · The Messiah and Lord in verses 19-28
  • · The Lamb of God and the Son of God in verses 29-34
  • · The Christ in verses 35-42
  • · The one prophesied in verses 43-45
  • · The King of Israel in verses 46-49
  • · God’s mediator in verses 50-51

So as we begin the next 21 days of seeking God together as church family take a minute and thank God for revealing Himself to us through Jesus Christ and the promise for greater things John 1:50 “…You will see greater things than these.”

No comments: