Monday, May 16, 2011

Don't Even Think About Guving Up

I was thinking about you this morning. Maybe not you specifically, but I was thinking of someone like you…that is if you are someone who is sitting on the sidelines afraid to pursue your God-given dreams, watching the world pass you by.

Don't Go Up Until You Have Given Up Everything God Has Place In You For His Purpose & Pleasure!

I’m wired to dream big dream and for nearly 5 month I was sidelined because of emotional, spiritual & physical sickness.

I had already been under tremendous scrutiny from within the church & without all for just believing what God said and acting on it.

My dad passed unexpectedly (that's how I explain it but I know God had it all planned) within 3day of finding his lifeless body I was standing ministering to my family over the black casket pick out for his body's last resting place.

Then following the advice of some pastor's who considered themselves wise I tried preach/teach my way through the pain only to end up bankrupted preaching the life giving Word of God but with no life in me.

Then the enemy turned up the attack my body followed quickly I had only spent one night in my life in an hospital before spending 35 days 3 different hospital, 2 trips to ICU and a heart attack later 35 pounds lighter, weak, broken & beat.

Only to return to a church that was in shambles to say the least. I had been betrayed by those I had trusted. My first Sunday back I was met by an angry mob who had said and dome things to me personally and ministerially & financially, who also blamed me for everything.

I'm still recovering BUT most importantly I'm still dreaming. God vision is still burning red hot on my heart!

So today I have this burning desire and need to encourage people to move forward with their dreams and aspirations, NEVER letting the devil or his cousins or his workers to steal your God-given vision and/or dream.

When the Master calls me home I want Him to call home an empty vessel. I promised the Lord that I will empty myself of every dream, gift, talent, vision, book, blog, sermon, idea, everything He put in you and I is for the purpose of impacting the kingdom by building completely committed followers of Christ one precious person at a time!

Want to join me? If so, then you must:

Take a risk…
Face the fear of the unknown…
Resist the temptations to give up…
Ignore the negative voices in your life…
Say yes again to God’s call on your life…
Release the guilt of the past by receiving God’s forgiveness…
Walk alone sometime in your giftedness...
Hold fast to voice & word of God...
Never, Ever, Never, Ever walk by sight, walk by faith...

Empty yourself....I AM! I believe in you!

1 comment:

Pastor Rev. Ray E. Owens said...

WOW, amazing, I was that someone on today. Thanks for sharing that with me.

Keep running,

Owens