Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Days 8 & 9 "The Power of One & What Is Prayer?"

Dr. Ralph Douglas West says, "Confession is good for your soul but bad for your reputation!" So, here's mine...Monday I just didn't do it I prayed @ 4 but didn't make my daily reading priority. So there you have it even the pastor gets caught up sometime. If you miss a day don't give up or become discouraged. The enemy would make you feel like you're going to hell with gasoline undergarments on but the devil is a lair. Just catch up and get back in step. Now here's the trick I have to figure out what I want to share because this is shouting me. Nothing excites me more than a good book that ushers me closer to my God.
Thought for day 8: #1 "If a soldier is wounded in battle, during his recovery time no one should expects him to be out doing daily drills he is in no condition to do. We can become casualties in the spiritual battle sometimes and though we are still in the army, the agenda is to get well..." Pastor Jack (I wish I would have read this earlier in the year, I was blessed by it as pastor.) #2 "The prayers of others are vital and can help us survive, but to really sense the fullness of God's presence in our lives, we have to be alone with Him every day." Stormie
Thought for day 9: "There are two sides to prayer. There is the fellowship side and the partnership side. The fellowship side of prayer is when we come just to be with God in the intimacy of relationship. The partnership side is when we exercise the responsibilities of partnering with Him to see the reintroduction of His rule into our circumstances.
Prayer: "Father, we know You are real and we want to spend time with You. You are wonderful, almighty, all-powerful, the God and Creator of all things. We exalt You above everything, and We worship You for who You are. We love You, Lord and we thank You for loving us. We need You for everything. We need You to save us, forgive us, heal us, deliver us, fill us, restore us, redeem us, free us, guide us, protect us, lift us above our limitation and move us into the plans and purpose You have for us. Lord, we have no need that You can not meet. We acknowledge that what we pray for may seem impossible to us but with You ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! In Jesus' Name, Amen!!!

No comments: