Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 11 "What Makes Prayer Work"

As I sit in my office pondering all that our church family has endured over the last two years…I am so grateful. Two very famous passages of God’s Holy Word comes to mind Genesis 50:20 & Romans 8:28. Genesis 50:20 reads You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. Then Romans 8:28 says And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. No doubt this has be a rough, rugged and rocky ride but today I realize that all the night I was sitting up wonder what God was up too. When I think of the many long days and tough nights when I was so depressed, down, disappointed and discouraged. All the days, weeks and (yes even) months when I couldn’t find the words to use in my prayer to describe what I was feeling. Sometime sobbing, sometime crying and sometime screaming. Today, I finally understood what God was doing…(He let me in on the secret) He was simply answering my prayer and the prayers of many in this church family. Over and over again we prayed too NOT become the biggest church in the world but the healthy church in the world. That’s what God has been doing in the life of Bethel, granting us our prayer request. I don’t know what the future holds for Bethel but I think we’ve come through too much to give us now! God is working…bless His wonderful name.

Though for today: “God created the earth and then He created man to rule over it. Man lost his rule of the earth because of disobedience to God’s laws. Satan gained control and his goal is to destroy God’s purpose for every person. God sent His Son, Jesus, to die for our sins and break the power of the enemy. In other words, Jesus took the penalty for man’s disobedience, which is death, so that those who believe in Him can live fruitfully on earth and spend eternity with God. When Jesus rose from the dead, He commissioned everyone who believes in Him to destroy the ruler-ship of the enemy and restore ruler-ship to man. THIS CAN ONLY BE DONE THROUGH PRAYER!”

Prayer: Father, thank you for giving Your Son Jesus as a ransom for our disobedience and to die for our sins in order to break the power of the enemy. Teach us to apply Jesus’ victory on the cross and take the ruler-ship away from enemy and establish Your rule. The enemy is a liar and we proclaim Your truth over our lives, families, church, communities and world. We declare that You have brought down the enemy’s strongholds and have set the captive free. We declare health for the sick, love for the fearful, forgiveness to the condemned, revelation for the spiritual blind, and we declare wholeness where there is a shattered life. We ask that You will continue to do great things in us, through us, and around us. It is our pray finally today, that you will make and mold us into a powerful, prayerful and purposeful church. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!!

No comments: