Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 1 of 40 days of Prayer

Today we embark on a brand new journey that is surely going to transform our church, families and community. A friend of mine who has been very supportive of me for some years and have been a confidant during the darkest period of my life shared the story of David and said maybe it time for you to take the fight to the devil rather than him taken the fight to you. It was those word that sparked something in my spirit. I had been allowing the enemy to beat me down without me evening protecting myself or even throwing a blow. The next forty day we will claim God's promise that upon this rock I build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail. God wants too build our church. He wants our collective prayers so that he with is mighty hand lead us according to his will.

Today's Thought: "I found out that if I wanted my prayers answered, I didn't just send up a list to God as though He was a great Santa Claus in the sky. There was something required for me. I had to get my life cleaned up and set on the right track. I needed to be reading the Word of God and living in obedience to God's ways. The good news was that I didn't have to make it all happen by myself. The Holy Spirit in me would teach me all things and enable me to live the way I should. Understanding the Holy Spirit was the key to seeing the power of God move in response to my prayers." Stormie "The power of a praying church"

Today's Prayer: Father, make us a people of distinction, loving, caring, enlighten, full of life, purpose and clarity. show us how to distinguish between our sin which we are responsible for and the enemy's plan to destroy us, which is not our fault, then reveal to us how we will triumph victoriously over the plans of evil and fulfill your plan for our life instead. Let our church be one that overflows with new life. Pack our sanctuary full with people of all, colors, ages, sizes and shapes. Set the pulpit on fire, select the music, scripture, sermon and prayer. Allow those who come in to feel a strong, loving, comforting, healing and freeing presence. Cause the Holy Spirit too be so thick and soul-stirring that we worship you the way you deserve, demand and dictate. Make us into a powerful, prayerful, purposeful church. In Jesus' Name Amen!

No comments: