Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 2 "Finding Your Keys"

Today, it took everything in me not to keep on reading...it was powerful! I know that many of you felt the same way but we must remember that part of the power of our spiritual growth journey is unified consentrated focus (our goal is one prayer, one voice, one church, one vision).
We achieve this goal by:
(1) HEARING together all 7 messages that I will be preaching,
(2) READING together from our chosen book,
(3) PRAYING together for our church, leaders & community,
(4) INVITING together a few friends to attend worship & pray with us,
(5) DISCUSSING together what we've learned in a small group setting,
(6) REMEMBERING together a weekly verse & BRINGING together our tithes & offerings to God.
Jesus prayed that His followers would be one as He and the Father are one. So as tempting as it is don't allow the enemy to get us out of step. I'm proud of you!
Today's Thought: "There is very little power in the key that fits my car. The car engine has power, but it does not come to life without my key being put into the ignition. In other words, I don't have the power to go outside and get myself going 60 miles an hour, but I have access to a resource that can get me moving at that speed. Jesus said, I give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 16:19) Keys represent authority, privilege & access! Keys give you the legal right to the car. In the same way, because Jesus gives us the keys of His kingdom, we have the right to come before God in the power of prayer" Pastor Jack Hayford
Today's Prayer: Father, You have given us the keys to the kingdom. That give us authority, privilege and access. Some things will not be turned around unless You turn them around. Some things will not be turned on unless You turn them on. Some things will not be set free unless You set them free. Teach us to release the power of prayer. Thank You for the right to come before You in prayer. Make us into a powerful, prayerful and purposeful church...in Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments: