Thursday, December 03, 2009

Still Standing Strong

As I come to the end of a long day I want to remind each of us to be thankful for the church. Today I was bless with the opportunity to share God's Word with two congregations in their Homecoming celebrations: my home church the Fairview Baptist Church (Dr. J A Reed) 100th year celebration and the New Hope Baptist Church (Pastor E J Tyson) 80th celebration the church that birth the church I sever. And I am proud to say that the church is still standing strong. Two churches that have rich histories. In the black experience the church has always been that voice that has given leadership to our communities across this country. I'm honored to be apart of the wonderful legacy of leaders that continue to lift the faith of people and give hope and help to the lives of families. What awesome responsibility. Knowing that God has chosen sinful men and women to empower and change live. Father, thank you for using me and allowing me to do your work. I know there are those who are much more equip and worthy. I sit in amazement as your Holy Spirit flow through me giving me the word to say making clear your love and grace. I surrender my life to your service. While I suffer and struggle through my own experience I have found peace today by simply letting you do what you wish.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You finished strong today.... i am proud of you. Keep swimming!!!! (from "Finding Nemo"