Thursday, December 10, 2009

Defining Moments


There come a time in every relationship when you hit a defining moment. Its that moment when you come to the fork in the road where a decision has to be made and it defines the rest of the relationship. Proceed with caution because sometime one decision can alter the very future of a marriage relationship, family relationship, friendships "THIS" relationship or "THAT" relationship. I've crossed some of those road with individuals in my life and as painful as it has been I believe that God has purposed these experiences. People are in your life for a reason, season or a lifetime. You see, many times our relationships cloud our intelligence. Emotion and feeling sometime eclipse our view of who people really are. We often want to see in people that which is not in them or that which they have the potintial but refuse to accept.

In recent days I've discovered that there have been people that I have trusted to have a place in my life. Whom I thought we had a mutual love and appreciation for each other. I must admit that I'm very guarded in those whom I allow to get close but even with that you really never know a person until your in the fox hole with them, at a place and season where you need them. That's where relationships are defined or destroyed, stranded or strengthen.

No comments: