Friday, November 27, 2009

THE BIG GIVER

I have just became one of Shaquille Rashaun O'Neal today. I AM A FAN of Superman, Shaq Diesel, The Big Aristotle and Shaq-Fu.

At 7' 1" Shaq Daddy is regarded as one of the most dominant athletes and arguably the most outspoken personalities. He's a writer, actor, graduate LSU (Louisiana State University) and is the only current NBA player with an Master of Business Administration, as well as playing for 5 NBA teams: the Orlando Magic, the Los Angeles Lakers, the Miami Heat, the Phoenix Suns and currently Cleveland Cavs. O'Neal ). Shaq is also one of the few NBA players in history to reach the NBA Finals with three different teams. His charisma on and off the court helped create a worldwide reputation as "Godfather of the NBA.

With all that said what moved me greatly and made me one of his BIGGEST FANS was the fact that he paid for the funeral of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis, allegedly killed by a man who paid for her sexual services. Shaq Daddy said "I was sitting at home watching it on the news and the story brought a tear to my eye..."

WOW, on the heels of Thanksgiving we should all take a page out of the Shaquille Rashaun O'Neal life book and GIVE to those around us. Giving is not base on how big the gift in the HAND but how big the HEART behind the hand.

This has challenged me to look for ways to give to those who God will cross my path this holiday season.

No comments: