Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Summer Camp Memories

The human memory is an amazing God-given ability. Sadly all memories aren’t pleasant or peaceful, so are full of misery and mistakes. Each year at this time we have an awesome summer camp for children our church family and the community. As I welcome the children in our opening assembly I blessed to look into the faces of many of the children who I’ve seen grow up either in our children’s ministry or just from summer to summer. The other day my memory kicked in high gear and I began to think that many of children are going to grow up and look back on their summer experience or children ministry days and remember those who made an impact in their lives. Then I simply let my mind run back to the Fairview Missionary Baptist Church [Sunday School, Baptist Training Union, RA’s, Vacation Bible School and youth choir] and the names and faces of so many people came both those who are living and those who have gone on to be with the Lord.

Ruth Sanders, Myrtle Holloway, Mildred King, Willie Woody, Bozie and Rosie Jones, Anderson and Dimple Davis, Shirley Halstied, Robert and Mendell Simmon, Robert Chamberlain, Roberta Hildreth, Maggie McBeth, Leroy Hicks, Frankie Johnson, Charles Hayes, Gloria Hall, Manilla Fields, Hattie Marsh, James and Linda Reed, Brother and Sister Warner, Maggie Jackson, Eddie and Thelma Gaines, Wynona Pearl Carter

Never allow the enemy to make you think that making deposits into the lives of the children around you is ever wasted. As I serve the Lord I do it understanding I’m standing on the shoulders of some of God special saints that spent time with and put up with the likes of me.

No comments: