Sunday, September 28, 2008

Headed To Stafford, Virginia from DC

Visited the Vision Community Church for the first time this morning as Janice and I was asked to share with the women and leadership team on vision. Nothing in ministry excites me more than sharing with leaders. When you impact leadership you impact generations. This church is only an year old, meeting Sundays at a High School and rented space during the week. Vision is a small church with huge vision. Pastured by one of my good friends Rev. Ron Willis. God truly has great things in store for this people. We will be honor to meet the entire church family in morning during their 10am experience.

After the leadership session we took the small window of opportunity to do some site seeing (it has literally been raining since we arrived). First stop Arlington Cemetery and you probably guessed it the moment we arrived it started raining but we were determined to do this. Was able to visit President John F. Kennedy's and Supreme Court Judge Thurgood Marshall's grave sites. Rain got the best of that outing, so we wrapped it up early.

Next stop was suit shop (yea..................can you tell I've been waiting on that?) Simply incredible collection I won't tell you who's fault that was (give you a guess his 1st name starts with David and last name starts with Young). After literally having to be dragged out and threatened. I went kicking and screaming to our next stop.

With appetite in-tow we then ended the day visiting family. My Aunt Bettie is a Washingtonian, a beautiful women who has defied age and mother nature and I'm her favorite (don't tell my brothers) and she's very special too me. We all had those relatives who we looked up to and admired and she was one of them. We could smell the food as we walked up to the door (she lives in the big city but is still country...you know you have to feed kin-folk). My cousin can simply throw down, great meal and great conversation. Before we knew it time has gotten away and said our good-byes and headed to hotel.

Getting ready to lay it down. Big day tomorrow and need to be rested. Will check in tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! My cheeks are hurting cause I'm smiling sooo hard
as I've read these last few blogs! You two deserve the 'first-class' treatment! I pray y'all wear a "goodtime" OUT! It all sounds phenomenal, thanks for sharing it. Miss you much, GOD bless ya'll.

P.S. Take a pill before you head to the next suit shop, 'cause my girl gots some shoppin' to do herself!! Love ya! Nightshift Nurse :>