Monday, September 29, 2008

End a Marathon of a Day

Today is the last leg of the journey and we are determined to get out and check a few more things off our list.

I worked out (by the way they have a fabulous health club, beats the YMCA any day) while Sista lounged around just taken it easy. Watched a few episodes of a show based in Vegas (homework for somebody) never caught the name but really good. Pastor Willis made reservations for 1pm at Sweet Georgia. We were schedule to go on Sunday for brunch but when we call they could not accommodate a larger party (my family plus a few staff members who wanted to hang.) Well, I quickly realized why the atmosphere and the food were superb (soul food with white table cloth). Had a great time fellowshipping and talking about the Lord and His Church.

Next on the agenda was site seeing (first clear day since we arrived in the capital). We had Pastor drop us off and we started walking and walking and walking and walking and walking and walking (You get the point?) Site we visited...

Lincoln Memorial
Actual spot where Dr. King gave "I have a dream" speech
Reflection pool
Vietnam Veterans Memorial
Constitution Gardens
Washington Monument
White House

As the sun began to set the temperature changes fast so we caught the train or subway (not sure what the call it) and headed to hotel. I 'm writing this sitting in mall, waiting on the first lady to finally stop (ya'll aint no way she is going to get this stuff in these bags...that's a whole other story.) Ya'll would be proud of me I'm just sitting here drinking my Starbucks (did I mention we need one of these in phase two.)

I'm ready for hot shower and room service...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Pastor, sounds like you guys had a good time. I agree Starbucks will be nice in phase two. Caramel Macchiato

Kicky