Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Tuesday, July 8th - Commitments That Last!


“... but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)

Today, I’m excited about sharing my life verse as we continue to look at the idea of commitment….Isaiah 40:31. If I had a nickel for every time I heard “It'll never last.” Three little words so easy to say, and yet the results are so devastating! Those three little words will…tempt you to give up on a dream, cause you to wonder if it’s really worth it, start you to thinking if the struggle of faith can be won. Those three little words will cause you to ponder quitting, giving up, bailing out, and just simply tossing in the towel? If you ever struggled with any of the above then Isaiah 40 is for you.

Isaiah 40 contains one of the most beautiful expressions in all of the Bible of the power and nature of God. What is Isaiah sharing in this verse? Our ability to last, our ability to hang in there through the storms comes from Him who makes and calms the storms. Our ability to endure through the long wait and long night comes from Him who has been here forever. God's Word stands forever... I can last, if I'll stand on His Word! God's has measured the waters in His hand... I can last, if I'll put myself in His hands! The Lord is the everlasting God... I can last, if I'll make Him my everlasting Lord!

When you hope, your commitments will last! That is the promise that God makes to us in these verses. Your strength will renew.

· You’ll soar - like an eagle. Renewed strength is the ability to dream again.
· You’ll run - and not be weary. Renewed strength is the ability to strive again.
· You’ll walk - and not faint. Renewed strength is the ability to endure again.

Family discussion question: Share what are you having a hard time waiting for right now? Now, join together in prayer.

1 comment:

do-re-mi said...

Great words of encouragement and beautiful "eagle".