Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thank You!

Today is Sunday, July 20th...Day 12 of our 21 day Daniel fast & my 16th Pastoral Anniversary. Its been a full day.

We've made it over half way (12 of 21 thank the a Lord)! As I shared earliers fasting is a spiritual discipline that was practiced by some of the greatest men and women of the Bible. What a privilege it is to be apart of a Church like Greater Bethel that teaches the discipline and then promotes opportunities to practice and please God. Fasting allows us to say to God that we want less of us and more of Him. As we continue to as God to make us and mold us into a worshiping, studying, loving, praying, giving & willing Church know that you are participating in one of the most spiritual things you could do.

16 years ago I was voted as pastor of the Greater Bethel Church becoming the Co-Pastor of the church as well as only the second pastor ever. With mix emotion I began the journey to becoming the senior pastor-teacher of a church that lives up to her name (GREATER Bethel). I am proud to have been chosen by God to participate in the amazing things He is doing.

Its also a special day because my pastor, 1st Vice President of the National Baptist Congress of Christian, President of the Oklahoma Baptist State Convention, President of the Baptist Minister's Associations, President of the Concern Clergy for spiritual renewal and pastor of the Fairview Baptist Church (just to mention a few lets just suffice it to say he is president of everything) came to preach. Words can't express the joy to have him share the over 50 years of wisdom and experience with our young progressive growing church. Armed with is wife of 45 years he simply just lost his mind..."What the preacher really wants" using Romans 10:1-3.

Let me finally say THANK YOU to the Greatest Church in the world. There is a development of a culture that understands the biblical mandate to care for her pastor. That has made these last few celebrations much more enjoyable. The gifts are greatly appreciated and humbling as well. From the bottom of my heart the kindness and sacrifice of the people is amazing.

Now, we must turn our attention to our building project (2.7 Million Dollars) that God has called us to and for. We are months from completion and there are many important things we must do. 1. We must close out one capital stewardship campaign and start another that will allow us open at a God honoring way. 2. We must adapt and adopt "CHANGE" as a way of life. 3. We must make prayer priority...Jesus says "My house should be call the house of prayer."

Please join me in saying to God "Whatever It Takes!"

1 comment:

Silentsupport said...

Just want to say congrats to you and your family for 16 years of dedicated service to your church and your community. Keep doing what you're doing. God has even greater plans for you. I'm encourgaged by your ministry of fasting and I'm praying about adopting this into my own life for spiritual growth. Please pray with me as I seek God for the next level in my own life.