Sunday, July 22, 2007

I'M STILL STANDING

Today, we celebrated another year on leading the Greater Bethel Church. My prayer for today was simply that with all of the excitement surrounding the celebration that we would not lose sight of God. Well as always God answered came through. We were blessed by Grammy nominated psalmist Pastor Beverly Crawford (Simply Bad). One of my favorite singers of all time. Second, my childhood pastor Dr. J A Reed Jr came through and wrecked the house (that's preacher talk for doing a great job). I thank God for him and all that he has meant to my life, family and ministry. Accompanied by his wife Dr. Patricia Reed, who has been a great supporter of everything we've ever attempted as well as a consistent intercessor for Janice and I.
There is much work to be done. God has so much that He wants to do for us, in us and through us. I know that God will see us through and I can't wait to see the beginning of the vision. I say the beginning because I know that this is God's plan and purpose this bigger than just me. Right now God is preparing his next leader who will continue his work. I'm privilege to lead His people and in spite of the most difficult times and days of pastoring. God could have chosen any one but I thank God He has smiled on me.
What a grand opportunity to declare God's Word! To speak in to the lives of people week after week. To declare God's power, purpose and pleasure.
God is surrounding us with some spiritual people who understand leadership. This makes pastoring a pleasure and a challenge. Eyes have not seen nor ears heard the great things God have prepared for us.

No comments: