Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Sweet Spot

Where is the sweet spot? I believe that it is somewhere in between Sweet and Sour, Hot and Cold, Pain and Peace. It’s sorter like that moment right before daybreak as you lay beneath the covers of your bed and there is a gentle rain falling outside, there is a little chill in your room (you know that because you’ve been there so many times before) but beneath the covers you are comfortable. Right then you realize that there isn’t another place you would rather be than in sweet spot of comfort in your bed.

The more I grow in my walk with my God the more I realize that praying for everything to be perfect in my life isn’t what God wants for me. I believe that what is more honoring to Him is for me to have faith enough to trust Him and desire more of Him than anything else. Romans 8: 28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” It is the sweet spot that I long for. During my most chaotic, frustrating and sometime depressing days, I’m not looking for God to fix everything because I know that some things are good for me. I just want to find the sweet spot of God’s peace.

No comments: