Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Power of Memories

I know that this seem a bit odd but I'm just getting the hang of this blogging thing by haven't gotten as fancy as other by accessing my blog through my smart phone. So tonight I'm posting two different thought but they where about two days apart.

Have you ever thought about the power of memories? How sounds, music, smells, conversations and situations instantly bring back a flood of memories. Have you ever had one of those butter cookie and it reminded you of elementary school? Memories are powerful. Have you ever been walking around and a very familiar smell captures your attention and you’ve spent the rest of the day trying to figure out why? Memories are powerful. Have you ever been surfing radio station in your car and a particular song hit your ears and the year just faded away. Memories are powerful. There are some conversations that will leave you breathless about past situations. You will began to feel the same emotion, remember everyone involved and even sometime remember things that even surprising to you. Memories are powerful.

For many their memories seem to be stuck on the bad episode of their lives. Memories of past failures, mistakes, decisions and friendship can haunt you. Memories are powerful. Bad memories will stalk you down. No matter how much you don’t want to deal with them – just like “Freddy Krugger” (Movie: Nightmare of Elm Street) during the night and during the day. How you handle memories are crucial, two scriptures come to mind Ephesians 2:10 and John 13:7: “For we are God’s masterpiece.” (Eph. 2:10a); “Jesus answered, "You don't understand now what I am doing, but you will understand later” (John 13:7) How are we to correctly deal with our bad memories 1. Embrace the Master’s big picture; 2. Cooperate with the Master; 3. Accept the Master’s unique process and 4. Appreciate the Master’s work.

Over the last few weeks I’ve been going through the files of my life, take an inventory of sorts. Taking a look at the turns and the detours that my life has taken and I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m thanks for so many people that knowingly and unknowingly have greatly influence my life.

No comments: