Saturday, April 15, 2006

Father, I Thank You!


WOW! I knew it had been a long time but I didn’t know that its been over two weeks since my last BLOG. Busy, Busy, Busy – is the theme of my life. I’ll start with the most important news, our third grandbaby came Friday morning. Saniyah Raye what a sweet name. Sharonda did good! Just looking at that little gift from God makes me love Him even more. Simply because He has spared me, loved me and forgiven me. I don’t deserve His grace and mercy but I thank Him for being so loving and kind to me. I’m thankful for my family: my unbelievable, talented wife, my children who I experimented on my sons are handsome and my daughters are queens and then my three babies (grandbabies) each one has stolen my heart. Father, Thank you for your gift to us Saniyah and what a gift she is!

In the morning we will have the biggest celebration of the year Resurrection Sunday! I’m learning much about leadership and one of the most important lessons is sometime you have to let go. I’ve always been afraid but I promised the Lord that when He brought people around who would care for His work as much as I do I would walk away. Well, I think He has spoken big time. It’s time for me to move to the next level of leadership. It’s going to hard but God has done His part now I’m going to do my part. Father, Thank you for what You’ve done and what You shall do in and through our church. Help me to recognize your voice and be willing to move to the next level of leadership. Spoil the plan and the tricks of the enemy, that your name may be glorified.

Earlier today we did our annual Easter outreach and I was greatly encouraged by the attendance. Not only by the number of those attending but the fact that there was more on the corner that I pastured eight years ago. With the exception of just a few – all of them are people that I’m the only Pastor they have ever had. What an exciting time we had 1,000 contacts in just over one hour. We’ve set a goal next year for 2,000 or 2,500. We prayed for Kingdom growth not just necessary our local church but that those who we contacted would come to the Kingdom.

This is day six of our spiritual journey of 40 days of fasting and prayer. God is going to do something special through this. I’m hearing stories and testimonies already. Father, bless your children as we concentrate ourselves before You; through fasting and prayer. We want more of you and less of us. Show us your way that we may please you. Amen!

No comments: