Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Why I'm thankful this Thanksgiving?


I been a little down emotionally this holiday season. Its Thanksgiving as you know and this was my dad's holiday. He would smoke a turkey, cook his famous rice dressing, greens, cabbage, potatoes & serve frozen fruit punch. All the boys & our families would gather around the table talking about old times & watching football. That was tradition in our family on Thanksgiving until two years ago. This year I thought rather than grieving the lost of one tradition I would start a new one. So I've asked my family to make and share a list of the top ten things they are thankful for that year. As a great way to remind us of what is truly important in life.
This is my list.
1. My salvation and relationship with Christ!
2. My wife.
3. My children & grandchildren.
4. My mother & brothers.
5. The faithful members of Greater Bethel Church
6. The awesome staff of volunteers
7. The pulpit God has allowed me to occupy for 20 years .
8. My friends & extended family
9. My health.
10. Opportunities to live, learn, laugh and love.
Happy Thanksgiving! What are you thankful for this year?

1 comment:

Fusha Roberts said...

I fight with this Holiday every year...hoping my family would realization what it really means to be thankful ....so many people wish they had family members still here to celebrate with...I'm thankful God allowed us another day to get it right......