Friday, October 07, 2011

A Salute to my Mentor, Friend & Confidant, Dr. A. Glenn Woodberry



Dr. A. Glenn Woodberry, one of the greatest preachers and Christian leaders of our time, died September 10, 2011. Like Ezra, the great leader of ancient Israel, Dr. Woodberry committed his life to one overarching purpose: the preaching and teaching of God’s Word. “For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the Lord, and to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments” (Ezra 7:10).

Dr. Arthur Glenn Woodberry served as the proud Pastor of the Greater Mount Olive Baptist Church in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma from 1984 until the time of his death. I grew up watching the Mount Olive church grow into what has now become known as the “Mount” by preacher from across America.

Please join Janice & I as we intercede with much supplication for his lovely wife Patsy, his three beautiful, vivacious daughters; Crest, Staci and Kelli, his sisters and brothers Pastor L. Mike Woodberry & our own Pastor W. B. Woodberry & their families.

I grieve. I miss reaching out to you by cell, text, email and Facebook. I miss your company & friendship. I miss the fact that you were always happy to hear from me and always willing to share what God had so graciously given you while studying the Word. You so dearly loved to teach & preach. Thank you for never judging me and accepting me as one of you own. You were there for me, prayed for me & shared with me. It was such a blessed privilege to have you in my life.

I miss you my friend!

Terry

No comments: