Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Issue is God, Not Odds

There has been a lot that I've learned over the last two years, but I believe the most important lesson is DON'T ALLOW PEOPLE TO PUT A PERIOD WHERE GOD HAS PUT A COMMA.



@Bethel people from within and without have counted us out. Some members have quit atttending, others have move their memberships, while others have stayed at the sence of the crime just to see the outcome. The good news is that at every turn God has continued to be faithful through positive meeting, faithful members and faithful messages.



Someone asked me if I could start over again would I do it again? At the time I didn't have an answer and didn't want to answer but NOW I have a answer, YES...YES....YES. Tbe benefit of the storm has strenghten my faith in God and a greater resolve to help people develope a genuie relationship with God through Jesus Christ.



So here's my message...Beware of dreaming too small and asking God for too little. You do not know when he may touch your simple task and turn it into gold.

Alfred Lord Tennyson wrote one of his most famous and moving poems when he was eighty years old. He wrote it on the inside of a used envelope during a twenty-nine minute ferry ride while crossing from Lymington to the Isle of Wight off the southern coast of England.

It's about the approach of death. It helped that he was eighty.

Your most lasting achievement may yet be decades in front of you. Do not calculate the odds of this. The issue is God, not odds.



Finally, let me wish our oldest son, Kentrell a happy 28th BIRTHDAY. Eyes have NOT seen NOR ears heard the great things God has prepared and planned for your life. Love you much, Your Dad

No comments: