Saturday, October 11, 2008

He [GOD] Neither Slumber nor Sleep

Hopefully the end of a pretty rough and tough week, Sunday evening after preaching in the pulpit that I has been absent from for several week. I found myself relaxing but feeling a bit under the weather. Hoping it was nothing more than sinus trouble [which I’m simply pledged with] I lay down for the evening. Tossing and turning all night my breathing began to become more laboring by the hour. As the sun peeked through the night I was up trying to make arrangement to see my doctor. The staff works me in to my surprise it was an upper respiratory infection which in the pass not discovered early put by health in a very dangerous situation. So after being out nearly two weeks, preaching Sunday, I am now grounded again. And, anyone who knows me knows that doesn’t wear well for so long. I’m given a shot, antibiotic, preventive medication and order to stay home and get rest.

I break out Thursday after a morning meeting around 1pm and worked until nearly 1am [something you have to handle after being on lock-down.] I’m up early Friday 5am to do what I do [message writing day], after about 6 solid hours, its time to do something else. I swing by the office head to a very important meeting – meeting went extremely well. I then was summoned by the suggababies [grand babies] that a trip to Chuck E. Cheese is in order. Anybody crazy enough to take three little ones to see Chucky at dinner time has got to have a few nuts loose. Again not one of the smartest things I’ve done. I’m still struggling with the URI decide I’m going to beat the coughing all night by taking a sleeping medication.

Sound asleep I am, when I hear my daughter scream. It takes me a moment to gather myself, while she is scream somebody is trying to break in. The next few minutes were helter skater by the time I make it outside the person is gone. I call 911 police and helicopters are every where they catch the person. I began to assess the damage and discover both vehicles are damage severely. Jack-up rather than saying what I want say but you get the drift.

What do you do when things like this happen? Become angry! That’s a good one tried it didn’t really fit. Sad! That’s a close second but in light of the fact that everybody was safe and I was home…it didn’t really fit either. Then I thought rather than being angry, mad, sad or a myriad of other emotions, why don’t I count my blessing.

1. Thank God “indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.” Psalm 121:4 (NIV)
2. Thank God, I was home to protect my family
3. Thank God, Nobody was harmed
4. Thank God, for insurance
5. Thank God, The person was apprehended
6. Thank God, The police dog bit the person in the ass
“No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (Living)



No comments: