Wednesday, October 31, 2007

New Orleans

Today I'm away attending the Full Gospel Baptist Fellowship Leadership Conference in New Orleans, LA. It's strange just saying that after how devastating hurricane Katrina hit here I've not been since. I'm staying at the Hilton Riverside relaxing a few minutes before getting back to work in the executive lounge on the 29th floor over looking the river the water. The waters here has an amazing story, it hard to imagine just months ago the same water took lives and now as if nothing had every happen thing seem so normal.

That leads me to a thought after most national disasters there is much talk about recognizing the mass lost of life. Just looking from the outside in there seems to be a push to rebulid the city and move on. Humanly speaking it human nature but one would think that those how had love ones pass away without a trace would demand something.

I will try my best to atleast take a tour of the area that hasn't been rebuilt and would be great to see leaves. Better get back to work another short week.

No comments: