Friday, October 26, 2007

away

Attending the 110th session of the Oklahoma Baptist State Convention in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This is always a trip filled with mix emotions because I know I need to be here but I don't want to be. Just like the song says 'I'm a little bit country and a little bit rock and road' that's how I feel I'm a little bit old school and a little bit new school.

That's my struggle with these meetings we seem to warp back into time. When I look around this convention my heart is grieved for the lack of young people. We must develop programs that will attract them and continue to build a bridge to our heritage. I noticed this year more than ever that this means something to the older generation that will be lost if it is not properly passed on to the next generation.

Now I think I've wrote myself into a corner and that there is something God has for us to do. I hear Jesus saying 'the harvest is pantiful but the labors are few.' there are times when I feel overwhelmed with a heart to do the things of God.

Let me wrap this up by sharing how good God is. I've been walking around the convention and there are people from the district calling me president. Who would have ever thought that God would use somebody like me in his service. Praise be to God!

No comments: