Friday, August 03, 2007

On My Way Home

It is 5:45am and I've had only about an hour and a half sleep because of a very early flight. As I put my suit on this morning it was a little different because the last two days I just hung out with the children. It has been a blessing because it allowed me a few days to simply relax my mind. Mentally it has been a rough time. While I have a number of physical challenges, at this season in life it’s very difficult for me to just find time to just not relax. This was just what I needed.

As the old saying goes 'all good thing must come to an end.' As I put my suit on I knew I was headed back to every responsibility that comes along with being the pastor of a church. One of the most unpleasant duties of pastorate is leading families through the funeral process. It is even heavier when you find yourself to everything. I headed back to face just that be comfort while grieving yourself.

Today is 'bitter sweet' with everything going on Janice and I will celebrate our 21 anniversary. Guess we're legal. As I kissed her this morning at 4AM headed to the airport in San Antonio TX. She promises that she'll be home before it's over (likely story.)

Well its boarding time. Peace.

No comments: