Saturday, May 27, 2006

Marriage Conference

Tonight we began another marriage conference! I believe this is our tenth (10) or eleventh (11) year hosting Partners for Life. It has been challenging as well as rewarding. We are honored each year because it has continued to grow, with new couples as well as returning couples. It is a pleasure and a blessing to be able to be transparent during these times. It is both helpful and healing to both the attendee and to Janice and I. I can’t help but thank God each and every year for the privilege to do what we do. Looking back on the turbulent years, only God knew what would become of us. But here we are nearly 20 years later, high school sweethearts serving in ministry together and God has chosen to use us to build stronger marriages.

God always has a plan and a purpose for everything. He has taken all the ugly and nasty details of our marriage and turning them into a ministry. So in the morning we’ll begin this year’s journey to encourage, strengthen and bring hope to each and every couple. Father, thank You for being so wise and patience, You had every right and reason to give up on me. You have guided my life in ways I never thought possible. Help me to stay focus. Protect me from my enemies. I will always praise You for the gift You have given me in Janice. Help me to be as good to her as she is to me. Amen!

No comments: