Sunday, May 07, 2006

CONGRATULATIONS SON


There was another first in the Gaddis household, our oldest Son graduated from the University of Central Oklahoma. We’re proud of him! I know that it was tough for him with basketball and a wife and children, he did a remarkable thing. He’s my son and that more than he can handle at times. I’m pushy and very strong willed and he’s tough as well which doesn’t always make for a happy relationship. He almost never agrees with me and is determined to do thing his way. I’ve never really told him but he’s just like his daddy. I think that’s why he irritates me so much. I want what’s best for him and his idea as to what’s best is a lot different that what daddy wants.

I remember taking him to work with me many Saturday afternoons, he wanted to be just like me. I would pick my briefcase up and he would get his and jump in the car and head to the office. He would say “when I grow up I want be a preacher just like you.” Nothing does a father’s heart prouder than to hear a son utter those words. Well, my prayer is that one day God will grant that prayer but the prayer has become my prayer rather than his. I’m not saying I would want him to become a preacher [that’s God’s call] but it would be a blessing to have him working along side his mother and me in ministry. What an awesome thought!

He’s a good kid and I’m believing God to help him to grow and mature into a great man of God. He’s married and he and his lovely wife Shay and together they have blessed us with two adorable little girls who has stolen Big Poppa’s Heart. I couldn’t have picked a better daughter – she’s a beautiful woman and a gift from God. The other day was one of the proudest days for us as we saw our first son walk across that stage, wearing that black robe and hear the announcer call his name as a graduate of the UCO Class of 2006.

Congratulations Son – I Love You!

No comments: