Monday, August 22, 2011

What Can I Do To Support My Pastor Pt. 1

A question I receive often is, “Pastor, what can I do for you?” or “How can I pray for you?” People think I do for others, so they want to do something in return. I’m so thankful for that kind of heart.

Actually, the church does plenty for me, but since you asked….

Here’s what I would love from my church:

  • Understanding that I’m human and will make mistakes…
  • Prayer that I would stay focussed, committed and faithful…
  • Seeing a need within the church or community and meeting it without being asked…
  • Not looking to be spoon fed but taking ownership and responsibility for spiritual growth…
  • Realizing that I can’t be everywhere or do everything I might wish I could…
  • Bringing new people with them as often as they can…
  • Making church services a priority over other activities, rather than the other way around…

No comments: