Thursday, March 16, 2006

It’s Thursday, March 16, 2006 and it almost seems like the week has been nothing but one big blur, sometime I don’t know if I’m coming or going. I’m catching myself becoming very irritable, just the smallest things will send my blood-pressure up the roof. My schedule seems to grow every hour, appointments, letters, articles, lessons, phone calls, emails and hospitals not to mention the hours and hours of preparation for the weekend sermon. There is not only the pressure to perform but there is the pressure of people, everybody wants time members, politicians, sales people, staff, meetings, appointments, angry people, sad people, confused people and then at the end of the day after being literally drained and exhausted somewhere between the office and home you have to whisper a prayer and catch your second, third or forth wind [depending on what day it is] and be daddy, big papa and husband, handyman, teacher and possibly a million other things as needed. Now don’t misunderstand me I’m not complaining what I’m doing is being honest about my life as pastor-teacher, leader and husband. While my journey has been tough and I’ve discovered that I can’t accomplish all that is placed before me without God’s help. 2 Cor. 12:9 (NIV) says “But he [GOD] said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.” God’s power is made perfect in my weakness. Just the fact that I’m still standing is a testimony of His power resting on me. “Father, I thank you for your strength and power. You are great, awesome and have never broken a promise. When I am weak You, Lord are strong. Thank you for your presence in my life. Amen!”

No comments: